Veterans Elementary 3rd Grade Chorus
under the direction of Mrs. Ann Davis and Mr. Daniel Russell
Winter Vocal Concert-
Rescheduled -Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 7:00 pm in the VES Cafetorium
Due to the snow last week, the Grade 3 Winter Vocal concert will be held on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 7:00pm. We will be joining the VES string orchestra for a combined concert. The orchestra will perform first, followed by the third grade chorus.
Students who are in orchestra should wear their black and white, as requested by Mrs. Vaughn. Also, follow her established time to be at school.
Students not in orchestra, should follow the dress code below and should report to the mini-auditiorium between 6:45 and 6:55. [Note: This time is 10 minutes later than previous requested time, due to the fact that chorus will perform after the strings]
Concert attire for the Winter Concert is nice holiday dress clothes…dresses or skirts and blouse for girls; dark or khaki trousers and button up or polo shirts for boys. Sweaters are fine, but it does tend to get warm during the performance. NO JEANS, SWEATS or T-SHIRTS PLEASE. For the safety of students on the risers, shoes must have backs… heels should not be too high.
**Students will be performing assemblies for the school during the school day on Dec. 17th. They should wear their concert attire or something nice to school that day***
Please feel free to contact your child’s music teacher, if you have any questions or concerns.
We are looking forward to seeing all of you at the performance…
Veterans Elementary 5th Grade Chorus
under the direction of Mrs. Ann Davis
Spring Vocal Concert -
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 7:00 pm in the VES Cafetorium
Performance Arrival Time:
On performance night, chorus members should arrive between 6:35 and 6:45. We will be meeting upstairs in the MINI AUDITORIUM/ MUSIC RM. No one is permitted upstairs before 6:35, as there will be no adult to give supervision until that time. Chorus members should be the only people going upstairs (no family or friends please, as there will be many students in one room!); and once upstairs, students will not be permitted to go back downstairs until the concert begins.
Concert Attire (5th grade chorus) :
Students in the chorus are asked to wear blue jeans, bright colored tee shirts and sneakers (with backs). Shorts are not acceptable, but girls may wear blue jean capris. T shirts should be plain with no writing or graphics. Due to the nature of the show we are performing, please DO NOT wear black and white concert dress!
Students who have special costuming needs due to their feature roles, will wear those costumes throughout the entire performance. The majority of costuming will be provided to students.
We are asking for everyone’s help to ensure positive musical experiences for all performers and audience members. Good concert etiquette is very important and is a life-long value we are working to instill in the children. With these goals in mind, please adhere to the following requests when attending all VES Spring Concerts:
· Videotaping may be done around the perimeters of the cafeteria or in your seat ONLY. Please be cognizant of those around you, so that you are not blocking the view of someone else. No one will be permitted to videotape from the floor in front, as this has caused much disruption to the performances in the past.
· Children in the audience should remain with adults and should not be talking or up moving around during the performance.
· Cell phones should be put on vibrate and should not be used during the performances.
· Please only leave the cafetorium during a performance, if absolutely necessary. If possible, please refrain from entering and exiting until a transition point in the performance, rather than during a song. We also ask that you are careful not to let the door slam.
· Enjoy the performance and be proud of your amazing and talented children!
Thank you in advance for helping us to ensure a wonderful musical experience for all.
The VES Music Department